just ranting about amazon

mike27oct

Re: just ranting about amazon
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »
I can relate.  ;)

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 06:29:52 pm »
another rant about amazon

over the years I purchased a lot of dvds from amazon, lately I noticed they are saying a lot of newer releases will ship in 1 to 4 weeks.  I am wondering if they are trying to push people into purchasing the digital copy from them.  Its never been a problem before
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:32:09 pm by renegade600 »

malliekm

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 06:36:57 pm »
As soon as I say something nice about Amazon, they go and pull one of their more  infamous tricks.
I bought this vacuum about 3 weeks ago from the Shark infomercial.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=shark+powered+lift+awayt+speed+duo+clean
It was $300.  Last night while looking for a hose extender for it, I looked at the vacuum (on the Amazon site)
Same price, $300.
Today it's $325
I would be interested to know if it's $300 or $325 on other people's computers/phones

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
I was shown $325 for Shark when I clicked your link.

As for DVDs perhaps AMZ is stocking less DVDs these days.  I fear they will end up in with the stacks of Laser diskc and LPs.  Maybe it was just a fluke  Heck, check at eBay!

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 04:56:31 am »
messed up and used your link and got 325.  should have searched for it myself, it would have been a better test since who knows what is included in the link these days. 

mike27oct

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 12:46:28 pm »
I thought about this, too, after I also used the link.  Next time.

Jergnul

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:33 am »
Amazon is just following the same stupid business model that has infected all tech- and software-related areas of industry. I mean, games have DLC, programs have plugins for separate payments and all kinds of extensions, social networks like Instagram and phones like the new Google Pixel one has built-in flaws solved by third-party software and newer models, just like Apple's Macs are just good enough to use but always leaving users wanting for more.
It's a philosophy. If they ask for more money in one go, you may refuse, but when you get into the product, when it's harder to stop and leave things unfinished, that's when they ask for more. it's all about the money and the way they can screw you yet leave you wanting more.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:01:12 am by Jergnul »

mike27oct

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 10:46:05 pm »
Continuing my rant about Microsoft for trashing my PC with their Win 10 Creator update.

The return from sleep mode and returning a password prompt is still hosed, even after a couple of weeks of hacking at it by level 1, 2, and 3 MS support techs. More was done today, and more is scheduled for tomorrow. I may end up replacing my 3+ YO HP laptop  I am so PO'ed as MS for this.

I finally retired my small 5C iPhone and bought a BIG iPhone 7 Plus last night.to assist my failing vision. It's a work of art, design-wise, and so far, all's well as I set it all up.  Since the 8 models recent release, Apple has reduced the previous 7 models by $100,and I popped for one.

asianrocker

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 10:26:45 am »
I used to hate updating on windows too. But I intentionally updated my new laptop. So I can get the keyboard with mic icon on it. So I can just voice type like I'm doing now. I thought I made a mistake because Cortana is not working and the keyboard I want is not even installed. So I tried to figure out where was it and discovered I just have to put my laptop on tablet mode I am wondering if I even have to update it to get this keyboard maybe I should have just went to tablet mode before I updated it.

FYI this voice typing is a pain I find myself correcting so many times.