Echo & Alexa Forums

Pairing a Dot to my Mac Pro to play Overdrive Mp3s

hollygollygee

Pairing a Dot to my Mac Pro to play Overdrive Mp3s
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:56:17 am »
I often pair my phone with my kids' dots to play audiobooks from Overdrive.  I bluetooth it from the phone to the device.  In the past I have also blue toothed audiobooks from Overdrive from my Mac Book Pro to my Echo and to my Dots.  For some reason today, I cannot get the book to play through the Dot even though my Mac Book is paired to the Dot with Bluetooth. 

What I really wanted to do was play the same audiobook through both devices at the same time through my phone, but I couldn't figure out how to make that happen even though both dots were connected to Bluetooth and I even made a group for my Dots.

So I need to know with both what is happening.  Is it possible for me to play the same audiobook from Overdrive from my phone to two Dots?  If not, why is my computer not playing through the dot despite being connected via Bluetooth (and the fact that I was able to do this easily in the past). (My phone is playing an Overdrive book to one Dot currently.  That isn't a problem.  I would just like for it to play through BOTH dots at the same time.)

Help!

Holly

asianrocker

Re: Pairing a Dot to my Mac Pro to play Overdrive Mp3s
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 02:12:06 pm »
Okay I think I know the solution to this and it's really easy and as I am writing this, I have to do it everytime to work. The solution is... wait for it...

turn BT on/off.

I posted recently that I had BT problems and tried everything I know and still not working. The first time it happen is annoying like I read a lot of people complain here how when they connect to BT, the wifi disconnects. Now, when I play youtube video it is either buffering non stop or playing video with no audio. So I tried to turn BT on/off. It works. But I find I have to do it everytime now.

Oh I have to say my BT problem started after I connect my phone BT while it's connected to my laptop BT. It used to not be a problem as long as I turn off my phone BT after I am done with it.

Also in my case, my echo's BT can't be connected to both phone and laptop at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:15:33 pm by asianrocker »