Echo & Alexa Forums

How do I reply to a post?

Nisko

How do I reply to a post?
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:29:55 pm »
There is no "REPLY" after a post.  How do I reply to a post?

cockatooai

Re: How do I reply to a post?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:01:50 am »
There is a reply button on the bottom right

strayfish

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 03:44:42 am »
You can't reply to an individual comment so you either do what cockatooai says and hit 'reply' bottom right, or if you want to link it directly to another comment, you hit 'quote' top right of that comment. Both give you a new box to type into but if you're using quote, make sure you type after the last bracket or your reply will go into the quote itself. That's probably not too clear but go ahead and try it - you can't break anything :)

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 06:16:57 am »
There is a reply button on the bottom right

Bottom right of the page, rather than bottom right of the post.

Nisko

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 04:17:15 pm »
I found it (this time).  I think I have to log in each time I check for a response.  Should be easy!  Thank you!

strayfish

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 06:16:34 pm »
I found it (this time).  I think I have to log in each time I check for a response.  Should be easy!  Thank you!

Look top right in the blue banner for 'Recent Unread Topics' and you'll very quickly see who's responded to your thread(s) then you don't have to go hunting them down. You might have a lot of other stuff to shift from there before it gets good and short though :)

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 05:25:25 pm »
I think I have to log in each time I check for a response.  Should be easy!  Thank you!
Actually if you go to your profile and then notifications you can set so the forum emails you a notification when someone replies to your post or a thread you've posted to.

strayfish

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 04:21:42 am »
I think I have to log in each time I check for a response.  Should be easy!  Thank you!
Actually if you go to your profile and then notifications you can set so the forum emails you a notification when someone replies to your post or a thread you've posted to.
I never knew that - thank you!

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 06:19:51 pm »
If your real active on the forum and login every day doing this may not be needed
Your email software will most likely  flag the notifications as junk mail so you'll need to check your junk folder. ;)