Echo & Alexa Forums

connecting to whole house audio system

dperg

connecting to whole house audio system
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »
I want to wire and place the dot to my Nuvo whole house system that is located in the basement. Is it possible to control / use the dot through the Alexa app on my phone instead of directly through the dot?

Re: connecting to whole house audio system
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:52:52 am »
There is an app called Alexa listens which basically turns your phone into an Alexa device.
It shows up in your Alexa app as an Alexa device just like your echo, dot, show, tap.
I don't think you can control the dot directly with it but you might be able to use it for the new multi room music feature. ??? ::)
I haven't used it to much other then to turn on/off devices and request a flash briefing.

asianrocker

Re: connecting to whole house audio system
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 08:52:02 pm »
I'll check out that alexa listens never heard of it. I do use reverb though. For what you want it to do, OP.

The reverb app devs said it's basically dot on your phone. I use it mainly as remote control for my echo though which is what you want right?

Oh I reread your post. Yes. It's VERY possible to control your dot through alexa app coz uh, that's what's it for. Why do you think you can't control your dot via alexa app is beyond me. LOL.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:58:16 pm by asianrocker »