Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo dot no longer working in France

ahannah

Echo dot no longer working in France
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:39:22 am »
Last year, while in the UK I bought the Echo Dot. It worked perfectly in the UK and when I brought it to France where I live it worked until last week. It seems there may be a geo-restriction issue.  I now get the message "Hmm. Something went wrong. Please try in a little while". How can I get it to function again?

From Alan Hannah

malliekm

Re: Echo dot no longer working in France
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:13:54 am »
What trouble shooting have you done?  Have you unplugged it for 5 minutes?

ahannah

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:36:24 pm »
Thank you for your comment. I have done a reset, re-installed, and disconnected for 5 minutes. But the problem remains.

zoph

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:26:16 am »
Hello @ahannah,

Same issue here, my echo is now bricked. I can do anything with it since 10 days i think. A friend of mine got the same issue.

I've tried to reach AmazonEcho support on Twitter, and in-app support. Same answer : Echo & Alexa are only available in UK/Germany/US.

It was working like a charm since a year at least.

Tried hard reset, wifi setup again.. nothing is working, i can see my communication history with Alexa in-app (history), but its the only way to see that the communication with internet is working. No further error message.

zoph

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:50 am »

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:09:29 am »
Maybe we need to try this : https://twitter.com/Charles_JUDITH/status/905417862860464129

Yap. I was gonna say the same. Wow I do wonder why they blocked France though. Hmm. Maybe Germany has some thing to do with it.  :-X

Jerome

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 03:29:51 am »
I think there are Facebook groups of people complaining about this  >:(
I hope they don't brick my Echo (not Dot) here in France which has been working just fine so far.
Amazon had better not do any mistake since Google Home is now available in France and therefore they're ahead of Echo who has still not been officially announced here... #pressure

zoph

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 11:16:09 am »
Did you try to setup the Amazon US Account? I'll try tonight.

zoph

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 01:44:58 pm »
Its working by switching to a Amazon US account. I've got to setup again the whole echo device.

Andre92

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 01:58:50 pm »
Hello there,
A friend brought me an echo dot from U.K. I managed to download the Alexa App and use it with a US Amazon account. It connects to WiFi but no way to have it answering anything but "hmm something went wrong". Very frustrating 😫
Any advice from French users?
Thanks

zoph

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 10:52:58 am »
Hi @Andre92,

It is working for me with an Amazon US account, be sure it is really one. And maybe, check the current postal address in the Alexa app. Maybe you will need to do a factory reset.

Cesar30

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 04:34:22 am »
Hello,
Everything is fine for me. My Echo and Echo Dot are working well, I have an Amazon US account.
In fact, not everything is fine. I also have an Echo Show that doesn't work since yesterday. I contacted Amazon support, I'm waiting for a response. Echo show is display offline even after reset, and when I ask for Spotify music it says that "I must link my premium account", while Spotify is working on Echo and Echo Dot !
Cesar from Avignon