Echo & Alexa Forums

Register everyday??

Maughanorama

Register everyday??
« on: August 20, 2017, 05:38:39 am »
 :'( hoping someone can help

Everyday i have to register my echo i have to go through the setup every single day.

So wake up turn echo on and boom unable to connect so go into setup go through that and i always give it a static ip. Complete the setup and its fine until i turn the echo off then i have to through the setup again. This is doing my nut in can anyone suggest how to fix.. i have reset the echo by the reset button underneath and this has made no difference..
Thanks

Re: Register everyday??
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 06:46:50 am »
When you say you wake up and turn on the echo do you mean plug it in or say the wake word?
What type of internet connection do you use?

Maughanorama

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:01:37 am »
I wake up and power it up. Then it cant connect tp my network. This has only just started happening i had no issues for the last year. I have 37 mb d/l and 10mb upload so its not my internet speed. Also when its unable to connect my alexa app does not show it in my devoces so i have to go through registering again

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:07 am »
:'( hoping someone can help

Everyday i have to register my echo i have to go through the setup every single day.

So wake up turn echo on and boom unable to connect so go into setup go through that and i always give it a static ip. Complete the setup and its fine until i turn the echo off then i have to through the setup again. This is doing my nut in can anyone suggest how to fix.. i have reset the echo by the reset button underneath and this has made no difference..
Thanks

Maybe you shouldn't turn it off (unplug it) everyday. I suspect that your Echo is trying to update its firmware. When you turn it off, the update gets interrupted and the Echo probably goes into failsafe mode. In failsafe mode, it will require you to re-register.

Maughanorama

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 10:20:14 am »
Na it litrally says unable to connect to wifi then goes into setup

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 11:59:52 am »
Is there some reason you "must" shut the echo down very night? instead of leaving it on full time?... I don't imagine it pulls much juice to keep it "on" at all times... which is what almost EVERYONE in the Echo World does.

This technology isn't designed for constant power cycles... it's designed to have minimal power cycles and stay powered up 24/7/365... with a few blips and bumps in service once in a while due to updates and/or power outages and such...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Maughanorama

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 03:33:57 pm »
Ok so echo has been on all day. I go into the kitthen and notice the purple flash................

I have not powered it off today.

I may have to email amazon support

malliekm

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 04:18:51 pm »
I would call technical support instead of email. I think you will get a faster solution that way.

mike27oct

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 07:42:33 pm »
Echo customer support has a free 800 number.  Google for it.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:47 pm »
Never heard of purple light on the echo.  It's probably bricked.

Maughanorama

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 03:22:23 pm »
Na cant remeber what purple does... i created another wifi network on my network and joined it to that it works as it should now..

Odd my wifi network has not changed at all

malliekm

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 03:43:52 pm »
According to Amazon Help:
Continuous oscillating violet light...An error occurred during Wi-Fi setup.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201602110

Single flash of purple light after an interaction with Alexa...Do Not Disturb is active.