Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa app for iphone help

bjemiller

Alexa app for iphone help
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:37:47 pm »
Help! My husband has ios8 (he doesn't want to update it) I went to update the app and it started then stopped and said the ios was not most current and wont allow me to go back to the original version. I went through itunes and cant find it either. Is there anyway I can install the earlier version? Help save this wife from her husband  ;D

mike27oct

Re: Alexa app for iphone help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »
What app is missing -- Alexa or iOS version?

Your hubby needs to get in step and get with the program.  Too many apps depend upon a recent or current iOS being installed.  My iPhone has v10.3.3 installed and so does my new iPad.  In fact, I upgraded to a new one recently because my five year old iPad has not been upgraded past v9 for over a year. After a few years, even Apple stops upgrading iOS on an old gadget.  If your hubby's phone cannot go above a certain version, then he needs a new phone.  Such is life with smartphones, tablets and computers.

bjemiller

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 05:23:21 pm »
The Alexa app

Sounds like I hit a nerve with asking. Sorry he doesn't have the latest and greatest. Not everyone has money they can throw down as soon as Apple decides to release a new phone. Some people are conservative with their money and believe it is best to live within their means, not have credit/debt, and to actually have a savings account. I am proud to say that is who we are. Thanks for your advice 😉

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:18:05 pm »
Apparently there is a way you can reinstall a old app version to a old iPhone
https://www.howtogeek.com/263568/how-to-install-older-versions-of-ios-apps-on-an-old-iphone-or-ipad/

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 01:53:39 am »
>>>   Sounds like I hit a nerve with asking.

No, but it appears I did! 

Having a recent version of the iOS on one's phone has nothing to do with money.  It has to do with why isn't the highest iOS version on hubby's phone so he can better use his phone?  You said he didn't want another version on his phone, but I suppose he could put the highest version his phone could accept on the phone, and then maybe Alexa could be installed again.

bjemiller

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:50:17 pm »
Thank you tuicemen for sharing that link. It is much appreciated :)

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 04:58:05 pm »
I hope it works, I don't have a iPhone. Do let us know if it worked for you!
I also noticed there were some YouTube videos for installing older apps as well so you may wish to check that as well! ;)