Echo & Alexa Forums

New to Amazon echo

nicknack35

New to Amazon echo
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:29:46 am »
Morning all im new to this forum. Im after little help just recently bought the Echo to use with Anymote. My current remotes

Samsung Smart TV

HDMI 1 - Is RPI3 with Rasplex which uses CEC from Samsung Remote

HDMI 2 - Is Minix Neo U1 Android box

HDMI 3- Is Zgemma set top box which we use for standard viewing

My Question is how do you swap to Different HDMI inputs i have all remotes programmed in the Anymote App and Alexa is Enabled And we have IPTV which is in the Samsung Smart Hub and how do you go about asking Alexa to use Samsungs Smart Hub. I have seen about Macro's but wasn't sure if id need to use them with the Samsung TV remote having them 3 HDMI inputs already there

asianrocker

Re: New to Amazon echo
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 05:51:42 am »
Since they all read like star trek to me, I search all 3 of those you connect to your HDMI on your smart TV. Arrrrrr. LOL.  I don't know why you have all those 3 inputs when they are used ALL the same as media centers? How many media centers do you need for your smart TV? And I thought my smart TV is a genius hooked on my PC used as a media center too.

Sorry can't help with anymote yet, still waiting for my ir blaster I will hook on my phone for use with anymote. I know it's $2 but damn been waiting for it for months to ship from china. Ugh.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:54:00 am by asianrocker »

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:32:42 pm »
Nick, where are you getting these ideas?  Echos connect to your wireless internet signal, not to your local network for operation and control , nor does it use HDMI.  You can send the audio output via bluetooth only. You need to check this section at Amazon regarding Help for your device:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ss_v3_ds_t4?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200127470

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:34:35 pm »
Something like this should work if you have everything set upright
"Alexa, Tell Anymote, to change the TV input to HDMI 1"... or 2 or 3... whatever...

This seems like the same item as the harmony Hub I use, and works almost the same... except I ask Alexa to tell Harmony to do whatever I need done...

In your case,"Alexa, Tell Anymote to ___________" is the key to getting it to control through Alexa and Echo products. You definitely need to address whether your smart TV and everything is set up properly... but once it's set up... pretty simple. Just have to figure out the commands to use.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!