Echo & Alexa Forums

Costco has newest Apple iPad on sale at $40 off!

mike27oct

Costco has newest Apple iPad on sale at $40 off!
« on: August 03, 2017, 09:36:50 pm »
This post is about Apple. If you are an Apple-hater keep your opinion to yourself in this post.  Some people might want an iPad!  They are finally affordable for anyone.

The sale started today, goes to 8/27.  We bought two; for wife and me.  It is an upgrade from our Gen3, 2012 model iPads.  It has their fasted chip (A9) in a basic iPad, it has more memory, 128 GB, faster wireless (more than twice as fast -- over 100 Mbps)  It is much lighter, and faster.  A pretty good upgrade from our original ones, same 9.7" screen, yet costs much less, too.  Sale price for the iPad 2017: $359

The new iPad has been re-positioned by Apple to compete better with other basic tablets, but they still have pricier, premium Pro models.  Sure, I would rather have the 10.5 " Pro model, with all its bells and whistles, but I don't NEED it -- especially not for over $400 more than what we paid today.  We want and need basic iPads to use on airplanes, to easily hold in our laps or hands.  We never found the original screen size lacking; it's so clear.

If you ever wanted an iPad, the time is right to get one.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:54:22 am by mike27oct »

malliekm

Re: Costco has newest Apple iPad on sale - Until $40 off!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:50:05 am »
Ohhh, if only you hadn't told us Apple Haters to keep our opinions to ourselves  ::)  Apple...Bleh!  ;D  ;)
Wait, don't read this till after you help me with my PC BT to Echo issue!!!

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:27:47 am »
You really don't know what you are missing being stuck with that Android tablet made by a non-US company.  But, I LIKE the iPad, and it's ecosystem, and I like my iPhone, too. I also like that Apple is making a lot of US investors (including me) a little richer each day. After their earnings report this week, their stock price rose on that day to more than many companies are worth in total (e.g. it rose more than Ford Motor company is worth.)

Just so you know,I was not a big fan of Apple until I started owning some of their products, and experienced their quality along with excellent customer service.  (I still do not want a Mac computer, tho.)

Anyway, enuff of this, back to the topic: the Costco sale for those who want to partake.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 02:32:31 am »
apple steals from american tax payers, they make their profit from their overpriced devices and ship the cash overseas to avoid taxes.  the company is anti-american.    in 2015 it was said they owed 80 billion in taxes for the money they keep overseas.   

sorry, could not resist.   

personally I have no problems wiith apple products.  I had a couple of iphones in the past but not anymore.  Not because they were bad phones but they lack the ability to customized.  I like to use launchers.     Just check sams club and they have 2017 ipads from 318-398
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:29:42 am by renegade600 »

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 11:51:23 am »
Same can be said about other large US companies and taxes.

There is only ONE iPad referred to as the 2017 model (it comes in a 32GB and 128GB version.)  It was redesigned and released this past March.  Sam's Club likely has both models for sale as does Costco. but it is the 128GB model that is "on" sale at Costco.  And, while we are talking taxes  What about Sam's parent Walmart?  We have a screwy tax structure in US that needs an overhaul.  We can thank our dysfunctional Congress for that!

Anyway, if anyone wants a new iPad, they know where they can get 'em.

mike27oct

Re: Costco has newest Apple iPad on sale at $40 off!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 11:59:19 pm »
A few days later living with new iPad . . . . 
We really like them.  They were a good upgrade from our 2012 models.  They run much faster; things happen in a blink of an eye, like apps opening, app updates, wireless internet is over 100 Mbps most all the time compared to the older 40 Mbps speed. Files from home network load faster, etc. Size is more manageable even though screen is same size as before, twice the storage at half the price.  Just wish we could have driven down to Oregon and bought at Costco there -- no sales tax in OR.  (We were there just three weeks ago on mini vacation.)  Plan ahead, as the saying goes.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 07:09:23 am »
A few days later living with new iPad . . . . 
We really like them.  They were a good upgrade from our 2012 models.  They run much faster; things happen in a blink of an eye, like apps opening, app updates, wireless internet is over 100 Mbps most all the time compared to the older 40 Mbps speed. Files from home network load faster, etc. Size is more manageable even though screen is same size as before, twice the storage at half the price.  Just wish we could have driven down to Oregon and bought at Costco there -- no sales tax in OR.  (We were there just three weeks ago on mini vacation.)  Plan ahead, as the saying goes.

I don't have an iPad. Can I have your old one?  ;)
All I have is the $29.99 Fire 7 Tablet from Prime Day.

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »
Sorry, but I still need the old one.  I will use it to cast music to G Home and Chromecast, seriously, so my new one will be free to use in my hands.

Really, if you ever wanted an iPad, get this one while on sale at Costco this month for $359 + tax.  (Apple store selling them for full price, $429).  Our old ones cost us over $700, and the new one is better, w/more storage and faster CPU by a lot.  The 2017 iPad was released this past March,  so it is not a closeout item.  It's just that Apple has a new strategy to make a basic iPad a more affordable tablet to compete better with other brands.  Amazing, but true.  The upgraded-in-June, larger Pro models, are now in the $700/800+ range, so Apple still wants to suck big bucks out of many people.

I have had a Kindle 7" Fire HD tablet for around 4 years, and I do not like it half as much at iPad and hardly use it; nice inexpensive tablet, but iPad is better in many ways.

Jergnul

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 02:51:07 am »
I'm no Apple hater, but the new iPhone X looks absolutely ridiculous. I mean, not only is it made of glass, but it also has very questionable safety features, especially FaceID. We all know things like that work with errors, parental controls on Mac, for instance, and there will probably be many complaints about it not recognizing the owner. I'm not particularly happy about this kind of intrusive ID protection, Fingerprint scanners freaked me out way back, and now this. Compared to this, Google's link handling looks innocent.
Also, I don't think that a phone should cost this much anyway. Yet iPhone is still the best.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:19:44 am by Jergnul »

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 03:59:28 am »
I think you should have started a new thread on this topic.  It has nothing to do with the iPad.  If you want to copy your comment into a new thread, I, and maybe others will make a reply.

malliekm

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 01:46:50 pm »
Occasionally I work with errors.  Most of the time I work flawlessly  ;D ;)