Echo & Alexa Forums

New Wijit Wi-Fi automation

New Wijit Wi-Fi automation
« on: July 23, 2017, 11:24:06 am »
These have to be one of the cheapest and easiest to setup  home automation options.
http://wijitautomation.com/

I've had a chance to test out the three pack + hub.
Info on these is a bit sparse but it is the HUB that is Wi-Fi(2.4), the modules are controlled via 433 mhz RF.
The app has a lot to be improved on. Simple on/off and all on/off is all that is currently possible.
no timer or scenes are available (yet) :(

There is no Alexa Skill and the manufacture states that isn't possible for Alexa control as these are one way modules. ( Not so! )
These are only one way meaning these don't report their status back to the HUB, but Alexa control certainly is possible as I have them controlled via Alexa.
I don't even use the HUB or app anymore as my Broaadlink RM Pro does the communications but that's for another thread.

Your limited to 16 different addresses for the modules but you can have many modules with the same address. 8)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:57:46 pm by tuicemen »

mike27oct

Re: New Wijit Wi-Fi automation
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 12:30:56 pm »
This appears to be a case of "you get what you pay for".  I'll stick with the TP smart plugs for the few I need.  They have the app tie-in with Alexa and GH and don't require a hub.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:57:08 pm »
Given that these are new I suspect the App will improve! However I've been wrong before! :(
I also suspect an Alexa skill may come in time as will more module options.
These were designed as a cheap entry into Home Automation so I wasn't expecting much more then that.
I like the fact that the modules aren't Wi-Fi as I have a slow internet connection here at my Off grid place. The more connected to my router the slower things get. :(

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:23:29 pm »
Well, let us know how they work for you.  Since I need to use TP's Kasa remotely as well as Alexa app at home, AND it is all reliable, I will pass on these gadgets.  I usually do not combine "cheap" and "quality" together when describing a product.  TP mini smart plugs take up only one half of an outlet and are quite affordable when bought on sale.

BTW, what do these gadgets cost?

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 03:57:37 pm »

I usually do not combine "cheap" and "quality" together when describing a product.  TP mini smart plugs take up only one half of an outlet and are quite affordable when bought on sale.

BTW, what do these gadgets cost?
Under stood, I should have stated inexpensive! :-[
Quality is actually better then I expected!
Though I expected a better app given what is out there for smartphone automation control apps.

These only take up one half a outlet as well.
The regular cost of these separate is
Hub: $15.99, Module: $8.99, however there are package deals Hub + 1 module $14.99, Hub plus 3 modules $29.00
Amazon sells these as well but at a higher price ($39.00 for the hub +3 modules)

I didn't expect to continue using these as I was given these and asked to test them.
However I do like the modules, the Hub not so much, the current Wijit app even less ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 08:37:01 am »
I've been using a couple of these modules for almost a year now with Alexa.
However I still don't use the HUB or the Wijit app.
Since I configured them in the Broadlink apps the HUB was boxed and app removed form my phone, the app supplies no options that the broadlink apps don't.

These make for a nice inexpensive starter for users wishing to enter the Home Automation world but you'll soon discover the app to limited.