Echo & Alexa Forums

echo dot bluetooth connection to mercedes benx

celticfan1888

echo dot bluetooth connection to mercedes benx
« on: July 23, 2017, 08:15:15 am »
i attempted to connect my echo do to my Mercedes car everything went well paired it to the Mercedes wifi hotspot but ... i cannot get it to pair with the Bluetooth audio

i saw that amazon does not support the Bluetooth authentication pairing

has anyone managed to find a workaround ?   

i dont want to use the AUX as i do not have one fitted in the car ( Mercedes renouned for this)

iolinux333

Re: echo dot bluetooth connection to mercedes benx
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:12 pm »
I had one in my car for a while. I had to use the aux port.

I've retrofitted a few cars with aux ports, if your car had a CD changer option, you may be able to find an adapter.

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 04:50:07 pm »
I had one in my car for a while. I had to use the aux port.

I've retrofitted a few cars with aux ports, if your car had a CD changer option, you may be able to find an adapter.

Or he can do what I did, I use a cheap FM transmitter for my MINI and it actually is good no static. And I actually can make and accept calls and I hear it all on my car speaker. My  FM transmitter also has BT feature but the audio sucks if you connect it on BT. So I NEVER use it.

iolinux333

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:53:41 pm »
I've tried tons of those FM transmitter thingies. They ALL sucked.

If I can't put in an aux adapter, I replace the radio. I got tired of mucking around and just do it right now.

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 03:07:08 pm »
I've tried tons of those FM transmitter thingies. They ALL sucked.

If I can't put in an aux adapter, I replace the radio. I got tired of mucking around and just do it right now.

When I was driving a sucky car - FORD tempo - LOOOOOL. Thanks to my father.  :o ALL the FM transmitter I bought from best buy, target, even the expensive ones sucks! they're all static-y so I return them all and gave up on FM transmitter. So now I have my MINI, did not even bother buying one. My husband bought a cheap one on ebay though and so I have no choice but to use it. It really has no static and really good. Oh, I actually use it on a company van - a chevy white van and it's the same no static. Not as good audio as in my MINI though. But yeah.

Why don't you try a BT adapter? If my FM transmitter breaks that's what I am gonna buy next. Just googled. Guess I am stuck with FM transmitter set up. Oh well.