Echo & Alexa Forums

2 Echos on 2 different amazon accounts

cheryl.osler228@gmail.com

2 Echos on 2 different amazon accounts
« on: July 20, 2017, 02:49:44 pm »
Hi,  I have 2 Echos - one on my Amazon account and one on my mothers.  Our Zwave thermostat is connected to her Echo but can I also connect mine to the thermostat? If so, how do I do that as the app on my smart phone is already connected to hers and the Smart Things App.
Thanks!!

asianrocker

Re: 2 Echos on 2 different amazon accounts
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:26:25 pm »
I don't know how zwave works but we have nest. And on nest, ONLY the 'owner' can control the voice commands. What I did was ask my husband to sign in to his nest account when I link it on the skills on my alexa app.

Also, once you set it up on  alexa app anyway, anyone can control the thermostat  now on echo.

cheryl.osler228@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:44:41 pm »
Thank you!

optivisor

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 05:52:22 pm »
I was not able to connect my Samsung S8 to my Echo and finally found the problem.  My grandson had ordered a dot for himself and the echo for me.  Both items were automatically registered to him through his Amazon account.  He had to de-register the echo so I could register it to my Amazon account.  I was entering my Amazon sign on information but the echo was looking for his. 
Amazon should not automatically register the devices to the purchaser as often they are gifts.  There was no warning that this could be a problem or how to solve it.  I spent half the day trying to get my Echo to work.  :(

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 07:51:21 am »
I agree they shouldn't automatically add the echo to your account, but they do. I have had to deregister 3 of them to give as gifts... but was aware they were set up from the factory, prior to receiving them... so I was a step up, since I had already ordered my second one before gifting any of them.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!