Echo & Alexa Forums

Turning lights on with a noise

jsharp

Turning lights on with a noise
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:49:24 pm »
I am on call and when my pager goes off in the middle of the night i would light that specific pager noise to turn the light on so my question basically is... can alexa be trained to do something with a specific noise

k9kids

Re: Turning lights on with a noise
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:15:33 pm »
The only way to wake Alexa is to use one of the four wake words.

When the pager goes off tell her to turn on the light.

fstbusa

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:25:09 am »
how many numbers can you have associated with your page?  You could do this with IFTTT depending on how your smart lights work.

Have the page, send a message to your IFTTT number and then have that trigger the lights to turn on.

joshsimpson79

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:43:54 am »
how many numbers can you have associated with your page?  You could do this with IFTTT depending on how your smart lights work.

Have the page, send a message to your IFTTT number and then have that trigger the lights to turn on.

Not sure which lights you use, but I use lifx, and IFTTT can do several different tasks.  It is probably your answer.

joshsimpson79

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »

Not sure which lights you use, but I use lifx, and IFTTT can do several different tasks.  It is probably your answer.

Can't you even create your own tasks as well?  I can't remember.