Echo & Alexa Forums

Logitech Zerotouch

Re: Logitech Zerotouch
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:12:13 pm »
least you could do is to provide a short description of what it is for those who read this forum on mobile devices.  links are not always convent to click on.

k9kids

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:38:08 pm »
Don't be lazy. Copy and paste the link.

Im not your mom.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 04:44:43 am »
but grand mama, what about net etiquette????  :-P

iolinux333

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 03:43:25 am »
Logitech is one of the worst companies on earth. I don't give a crap what they're selling. Never again. Never ever.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:24:42 pm »
Logitech is one of the worst companies on earth. I don't give a crap what they're selling. Never again. Never ever.

I almost agree... but I do have pretty good service from my Harmony hub with Alexa... works great. You can only expect so much from the old AV equipment and this thing works as well as one could request, given the technology interface that has to take place. I just wish you could set up things that are non-AV, such as old Remote controlled ceiling fans...

I have had bigger issues with D-Link than Logitech... but they still sell stuff too...

I really liked the "Boxee Box" (D-link) I bought years ago for the streaming stuff... before everyone jumped on that wagon... but had to return it due to some simple malfunctions that should have never happened as well... If I remember right it had tons of problems staying connected to the internet and I had it connected with a cable... not wifi (even though it had wifi capability)... With time it seems everything has issues, because of abandonment of programs or services they sold with their products... Hopefully Alexa doesn't stop working some day soon...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 06:47:57 pm »
I  never had any problems with any of the logitech devices I have.  I would rather have their keyboard and mouse than those from any other company, including microsoft.  I usually replace the oem that comes with desktops with one.  I also have had their webcams  and remotes in the past too and would get them again from them if they fit my needs.

jim1590

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 12:06:59 am »
I would rather have their keyboard and mouse than those from any other company, including microsoft. 

Same here. I have a logitech wireless keyboard and trackball. I enjoy them so much that I bought a second set for my work.

tonyanorway

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 08:13:49 am »
I bought the ZeroTouch and although it's useful up to a point, I felt a little disappointed to be honest.
The kit consists of the magnetic holder and a couple of self adhesive metal plates to attach to the back of your phone.
First problem is that if you have a phone that can use a wireless charging plate you have to locate the plate either on the very top or the very bottom of the phone's back so not to interfere with the charging so when you use the ZeroTouch holder the phone is either top heavy or bottom heavy and not very stable in the holder.
Secondly you will be blocking one of your air vents!
I also don't like the way you have to "high five" or "wave" to the phone to activate the service instead of being always on.
TBH I can't really see the ZT advantage over having the usual Alexa app running on my phone.
In saying that, the ZT looks sturdy and well built but it may be a solution looking for a problem . . . .

Offline jwlv

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 03:58:09 pm »
I've always been partial to Logitech and Microsoft keyboards, although now I favor Microsoft keyboards a bit more. But I always use Logitech mice.
But recently I bought a mechanical switch gaming keyboard. I don't use it much for gaming, but the tactile feel and the superior switches enables me to type far faster with less errors. It feels like the old IBM clicky keyboards from decades ago.