Echo & Alexa Forums

Offical Broadlink RM Skill

Offical Broadlink RM Skill
« on: July 13, 2017, 08:50:22 am »
This seems to have just been made available to the North American market. ;)
You need to have the IHC (Inteligent Home Center) app installed this appear to be BroadLinks newest app as it was the latest updated.
Setup of A/V devices is less painful then with the eControl app as it has a library of codes thought there is no sharing.
Once IHC is setup there is instructions for finding the BroadLink Skill. I had searched for this several times and emailed BroadLink on its unavailability to NorthAmerica. this morning I received a reply and a new search resulted in me finding it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073PLQYKS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-skills&ie=UTF8&qid=1499957154&sr=1-1&keywords=BroadLink+Remote+Control
The skill currently only works for A/V IR devices RF devices aren't currently supported. :'( :(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:49:31 am by tuicemen »

StevenR

Re: Offical Broadlink RM Skill
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:16:33 pm »
Is this the right app?
I've installed it, but it doesn't appear that the skill is available in the UK yet. Which email address did you use to contact BroadLink?

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:03:08 pm »
Is this the right app?
I've installed it, but it doesn't appear that the skill is available in the UK yet. Which email address did you use to contact BroadLink?
The Inteligent Home Center app is the correct app. The skill may not be available in the UK yet. I used the email address
supplied in the app store for the author. North America just got the skill this morning (at least I couldn't find it till then :-\ )
in your Alexa app\skills\search type in BroadLink Remote Control (that's what the Amazon Skills page suggests)though I found it with just BroadLink. ;)

StevenR

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:33:49 pm »
I've done some checking, and it appears that the skill uses new functionality that Amazon has released which allows Smart Home Skills for TVs, AV receivers, and IR hubs and this functionality is currently only available in the US, with UK and Germany support "coming soon" (which with Amazon can mean anything from a few weeks to several months).

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:03:24 am »
This is relatively new and the IHC app was posted prior to the Alexa integration being fully available globally.
They posted a how to video this morning on their face book page.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1618499524827147&id=865356486808125 
Hopefully the Alexa control integration will be available to you soon ;)

bensnapper

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:01:07 am »
Has anyone managed to get the skill to work with IHC scenes?

I can't find the right thing to say to activate a scene

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 07:52:27 am »
You might try sending feed back to the IHC apps developer and ask if /when that feature will be available. and if it is how to use it. ;)

bensnapper

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 10:18:02 am »
You might try sending feed back to the IHC apps developer and ask if /when that feature will be available. and if it is how to use it. ;)

I'll do that and let you all know

MacNee

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 01:30:47 pm »
The broadlink app rate of development is so slow, I've apps on phone that are updated weekly 😣. Im assuming e-control won't be updated anymore? I'd hope now skills can be monetized they would make a better effort to update to IR and RF  (And release in UK)

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 03:35:31 pm »
Im assuming e-control won't be updated anymore?
I had thought that when IHC was released but shortly afterwards there was a update for it with bug fixes.

There is a workaround to getting US skills anywhere in the world.
 Basically you reset your location to the US in amazon open your Alexa app and get the skills you wish then go back to amazon and reset your mailing location. Note this will give you calling and drop in options as well.
The down side of this is if you use kindle books  it will stay as US location and if you change that back you'll lose the benefits of the new skills. :(

Timbiotic

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 06:55:40 pm »

I'll do that and let you all know
Any luck? If they add this, I will five star the skill and the product on amazon.