Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot, Fitbit and Harmony

Kevio

Echo Dot, Fitbit and Harmony
« on: June 28, 2017, 09:52:56 am »
Good morning, I'm having trouble getting my Dot to connect to devices. It's successfully connected to Wi-Fi, and I can send audio from my Samsung Smart TV to it, but I cannot get it to talk to my Fitbit or Harmony Companion.

With the Fitbit - which I primarily am trying to connect just to se if I can - I install the skill, link the account successfully, but the Dot always says "The account is not linked". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the skill, rebooted the Dot, all the obvious stuff - still the same result.

With the Harmony, I've done the same - installed the appropriate skills, configured everything, and the Harmony controls the TV (using the Harmony remote) as it should. But when I try to make the Dot talk to the Harmony, it tells me there is no Harmony device. When I scan for devices - using the app or voice control - I'm told there are no devices to add. No devices show up in the "Devices" section of the Smart Home section. I've rebooted everything, performed firmware updates, uninstalled/reinstalled, enabled uPNP on the router (although I'm connecting via a range extender; don't think that would matter).

I can do all the things on the Dot that are non-device dependent; play music, set alarms, etc. But if an external device is required, nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

malliekm

Re: Echo Dot, Fitbit and Harmony
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 12:24:27 pm »
Hi Kevio, I don't know anything about Harmony, sorry.  And it sounds like you've done everything I could suggest.  Have you tried calling technical support yet?

I wanted to thank you for mentioning the Alexa/Fitbit connection.  I hadn't even thought to look if there was a Skill for that.  My husband wears a Fitbit (that he calls Tidbit  ::) ) Alta HR.  I had no idea it was Alexa enabled so thanks for that!
Using my computer, I enabled the skill and linked his Fitbit account.  Then I asked Alexa, "ask Fitbit how am I doing today?".  And I asked about sleep and steps too.  Now, she told me as of an hour ago,  you (my husband) had taken about 4000 steps.  He fell asleep at 10:38 and slept for 6hrs and 15mins.  Just asked it what my husband's heart rate was.  She said, "sorry, your Alta HR (which stands for Heart Rate) isn't capable of tracking heart rate".  Well it most assuredly is!  We'll have to work on that.  I asked about messages and phone calls but it ignored my request.  I have no idea what it can or can't do so I'm just throwing questions out there :)

My husband isn't here.  He's probably 50-60 miles from here.  Can the skill give accurate info with the device (Fitbit) out of wifi range??  The Fitbit skill said those readings were from an hour ago.  He's been gone since 6am.