Echo & Alexa Forums

BINGO! Patience Pays Off

malliekm

BINGO! Patience Pays Off
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:56:21 pm »
I've been following several GHs on ebay but they've all ended in a price higher than I want to pay (since I already have 4 AIs).  Lowes just put their GHs on sale for $109.  I have a $56 In-Store Credit, making it $53 plus tax.  Now, my husband would say it still cost $109 but he's wrong <g>  The way I see it, that $56 was spent long ago and a credit issued for return merchandise!  So yes, I'm getting the GH for $53 plus tax.  Creative Finance 101 :D

mike27oct

Re: BINGO! Patience Pays Off
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:20:47 pm »
Same logic my wife used when she got her iPad with points she earned from work long ago.

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 12:15:07 am »
Got GH#2 today.  I'm amazed how fast and simple the setup is.
Plugged into a standard wall outlet to do the setup. When I decided where I wanted to keep it permanently I had to plug in a multiple outlet thingy.  GH wouldn't work with it.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 08:42:10 pm »
Same logic my wife used when she got her iPad with points she earned from work long ago.

LOL. Agree with her husband though. Now if she bought it on best buy she could have the $10 credit back when GH lowered their priced to $99.

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:37:23 pm »

LOL. Agree with her husband though. Now if she bought it on best buy she could have the $10 credit back when GH lowered their priced to $99.

I have found that only other women understand my logic :)

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 11:39:21 pm »
Yep, I bought my GH for $99 from Google on Prime Day!

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 12:11:33 am »
I only thing I bought on Prime Day was another TP-Link smart outlet.  Still in the box.  I came thisclose to buying an Instant Pot and glad I didn't.  Bought it last week, on line, from Kohl's for $68 total and free shipping.  BIG savings.