Echo & Alexa Forums

Hue Light Strips For CHEAP

Hue Light Strips For CHEAP
« on: May 27, 2017, 11:44:54 am »
This morning I got up to my normal Starday routine and went through a few of my Favorite Web Sites, and found Hue Light Strips Plus (Current generation)... at a STEAL... Normal price everywhere is around $90 a kit (3.3 foot strip, power supply and cables). I found a simple package version of the actual correct strips (It says "No Adhesive Tape, but shows the strips with tape backing... who cares about that, I can stick it to something even if the tape isn't there)... $27.97, Limit 2 per purchase. So yes... I bought what I see as $180 worth of Light Strips for about 56 bucks. (No taxes either) FREE SHIPPING as well.

This is a "One deal a day" website, so may not be such a deal tomorrow... The deal is not their daily deal so it may last a few days or until gone.    * * * * * * Yugster.com is my site.

https://www.yugster.com/deals/76825-philips-hue-lightstrip-plus-2nd-gen-works-with-amazon-alexa-no-adhesive-tape

Hue strips retail pricing and packaging is this stuff:
http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/productdetail/philips-hue-lightstrip-plus#overview

There are some other Hue products on their "Weekend deals" link as well, including light strip extensions for a small savings (nowhere near the deal the Full strips are), Bridges, Bulbs, Starter Packs... other items.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

malliekm

Re: Hue Light Strips For CHEAP
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
Scott, did you see that the items is used?  That's why there's no adhesive.
Don't these Hue products require a hub?  I don't know anything about hubs
since my TP-Link products don't require them but I keep reading that "hubs",
altho very popular a few years ago, are on their way out.  Not sure why.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:23:47 pm »
Yes... they do say "Used" on their site... and I could care less about the adhesive... I can buy tape anywhere... The cost of those light strips is Stupid high, and buying $180 worth for 55 bucks is a STEAL of a deal in my book... I have a Large Kitchen lighting issue that these will work Wonderfully in. I will still have to buy some extensions as I find them on sale as well... but originally I was looking at over $200 to replace 8 - 4 foot Fluorescent Singles... with just about anything Other than the original style to make enough light to replace them... These appear to be enough (after I buy a few extension packages) to light up things effectively and for pretty low dollars...  8)
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:59:16 pm »
Got my Hue Light Strips today... factory boxes, (2 sets) and Yep... the tape has been used, but actually still hols relatively well to just about anything I want to stick to. I'm A Happy camper... except now I want more... They wouldn't sell me but 2 sets on one order so I stoped at that... Wish I had bought another set of two. Will still have to collect some more to work out my kitchen lighting issue, and I have the spare dot to hang on the ceiling to operate them too... and may buy a Dimmer witch or a Tap switch to allow the old people (My in-laws) to be able to turn on/off the kitchen lights kind of normally as well. Really a cool deal though.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro