Echo & Alexa Forums

Is Your Echo Getting Better About Waking Up When She Shouldn't?

malliekm

I've noticed the last few days that my Dots haven't been triggered by other noises (or no noise) in the house.  It was multiple times a day every day.  Have you noticed an improvement?
However, my Google Home chimed 8 times in 5 hours the other day.  The tv was on and when listening to audio clips under "My Activity" (like history in the Alexa app), all you could hear was the tv but the volume was too low to understand what was being said.  Maybe they're taking turns harassing me  ::)

Re: Is Your Echo Getting Better About Waking Up When She Shouldn't?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 10:21:26 pm »
I never had the "wake for no reason" issue at all... but I must say, The accuracy and completeness of commands seems to be getting much better. Especially the Hue lights are working better and better. Once in a while I was getting "___ Light is not connected" or "unavailable" replies... now it's truly rare to have that occur at all. Maybe I'm just getting the hang of things and give less crappy commands or something, but the whole Alexa experience seems to be getting more "accurate" for lack of a better descriptive word...

By the way... Ask Alexa about "Alexa SilverEdition"... You'll laugh your Butt off at the response! Greatness! (So glad the folks at Amazon have installed a sense of humor)
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:30:12 am »
Humm, my Alexa doesn't know anything about the Alexa Silver Edition or the Amazon Echo Silver Edition :o  Wonder if Google Home does....no, she doesn't either.

The only trouble I've ever had out of my TP-Link smart outlets is when the TP-L servers went down. 
I've noticed (as others did a few months before me) Alexa seems to be having a harder time hearing me.
Google Home has super human hearing!

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:21:03 am »
see the following article for more info on what amazon is doing to stop false wakeups. 

https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/15/amazon-is-helping-to-remove-false-wake-words-from-alexas-vocabulary/

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:46:05 am »
Humm, my Alexa doesn't know anything about the Alexa Silver Edition or the Amazon Echo Silver Edition :o  Wonder if Google Home does....no, she doesn't either.

Evidently it only worked the one time with the input I suggested (after it did it on it's own)... I eventually figured out how to make the funny occur... Just Say "Alexa... Silver". You'll get a kick out of it if you've seen the SNL video...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

fstbusa

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:40:36 am »
normally I haven't had this problem at all but over the last week its happened more than it ever has