Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing music from unlimited on echo

Caliban

Playing music from unlimited on echo
« on: May 21, 2017, 02:21:49 pm »
Hi

I'm trying to listen to an album called "What's left" by the Jorgen Emborg Quartet.  It seems to available  via Amazon Music Unlimited but I don't see the '+' sign to add it to my library. Instead I see a button against each song labelled 'For Echo', the mouseover for this button says 'Ask for this song on your Echo' and I can't find any documentation for this action.  Clicking it seems to achieve nothing .

Alexa also struggles with interpreting my pronunciation of the group name so I've tried the album and song titles but everything fails. I'm not really sure what else to try.  I'll probably end up buying the CD anyway but I'm basing this on a review and I've fallen foul of that before so I would really like to sample it.

Thanks for any help

David

CChamp

Re: Playing music from unlimited on echo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 12:06:26 am »
I too have music unlimited but when I put in the music search box "Jorgen Emborg Quartet" all it shows is 1 album available and that is called "No 2". I don't see an album called "Whats Left".

Caliban

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:39:09 am »
Thanks for the reply.

I'll admit to being confused.  If I go to Amazon and search 'digital music I see the album  - only one by the quartet but a few other too.  Underneath each is the link 'Listen with your Echo'  and clicking on that link takes me to the page with the album details and the track listing  with no '+' sign and the 'For Echo' button mentioned above.

On the Alexa app if I try the 'Browse Amazon Music Unlimited' I see an error message 'App support unavailable'. I see the same error if I click on 'Amazon My Music' menu item under 'Music and Books.

I've restarted the phone and the Echo.

I'm in the UK - that may make a difference to what albums you see if you are somewhere else?

Caliban

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:16:10 am »
Having tried the samples I've decided this album is not for me. Still, the puzzle remains.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:35:07 am »
I suggest you ("you" as in anyone) contact Amazon Echo Technical Support if you're having persistent issues. Sometimes it's a bug that they need to know about so they can work on it.
-Paul.

Caliban

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 08:32:30 am »
Yes, tried that - twice.  Both replies wanted me to upgrade the unlimited subscription. I have it on just the one Echo and I've learnt that one can only listen to unlimited music via voice commands. The first response told me I could do it via the app but made no attempt to explain the app error. The second response said I couldn't do it via the app but still ignored the reported error message. Based on this experience I'm ore likely to drop the 'unlimited' subscription completely as I rarely even try to use it.

tim.robinson@level900.com

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 07:59:16 am »
Yes, tried that - twice.  Both replies wanted me to upgrade the unlimited subscription. I have it on just the one Echo and I've learnt that one can only listen to unlimited music via voice commands. The first response told me I could do it via the app but made no attempt to explain the app error. The second response said I couldn't do it via the app but still ignored the reported error message. Based on this experience I'm ore likely to drop the 'unlimited' subscription completely as I rarely even try to use it.

I've had the same experience. If you're using unlimited for echo there seems to be no way to search for music apart from voice recognition. It's a PITA if there are some songs or artists it doesn't recognize but I guess that's their way of trying to upsell you to the more expensive options.

asianrocker

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 08:19:50 am »
I am more surprised someone in the world still buys CDs. Reminds me of that kid on stranger things. She was in awe of a turn table and an lp. And music come out of it.  She said she was used to her iPod.

asianrocker

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 08:44:19 am »

Yap typical. That's essentially why they pay their reps for. To get more money from you. They are not there to help you. They are paid to get more money from customers. What a joke.

Have you tried 'add this to my list'. And ya you being in UK might be a factor too.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:48:57 am by asianrocker »

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 10:07:47 am »
I am more surprised someone in the world still buys CDs. Reminds me of that kid on stranger things. She was in awe of a turn table and an lp. And music come out of it.  She said she was used to her iPod.

What would you be surprised that someone buys a CD? Not everyone does MP3s and digital players.
-Paul.

asianrocker

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 10:52:45 am »
Well that means you still have CD player. LOL. Unless you play it on your car which that is the only place I have CD player. And even there I use my mix CDs like my mix tapes way back when.

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 10:56:23 am »
Well that means you still have CD player. LOL. Unless you play it on your car which that is the only place I have CD player. And even there I use my mix CDs like my mix tapes way back when.

Uh, right... I have several CD players. So do a lot of other people. I like to own my own music.
-Paul.

asianrocker

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 11:00:42 am »

Uh, right... I have several CD players. So do a lot of other people. I like to own my own music.

Huh, and digital music is not owning your music or real music? I don't get it. But hey you sound so offended. So you still prefer CDs. ohhhkay? alright.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:02:20 am by asianrocker »

malliekm

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 12:24:47 pm »
I just listened to it on Google Play Music.  Nice candle light (or the chandy turned down low) dinner music :)

Come on asianrocker!  CDs are not out of style.  They may not sell as much as they used to but there's
definitely still a market and I'd say MOST people still have CD players.  No need to be snarky about it.

Caliban

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 03:21:28 pm »
yes, I have 2 'CD' players in the house and , in fact, both are also SACD players I like buying discs and, as I like British and Scandanavian jazz, CD's are probably the only source.  There are not many SACD's produced these days but when the production is done properly they can be really great.  They may also be a good investment - most rock ones are worth a lot more than their original cost. 'Thriller' is worth about £100.