Echo & Alexa Forums

Pairing phone to recieve calls

Meelia

Pairing phone to recieve calls
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:51:30 am »
All i really want from this gift of echo dot is to have it paired with my phone so I can hear phone ring if it is in another room. Will this device work for this purpose or does anyone know of any other device that will work for that? I will not be using it for much else as my internet is very limited data and i have to.use my phone plan for data streams.

malliekm

Re: Pairing phone to recieve calls
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:59:11 am »
As of right now, I'm pretty sure Echo can't do that. 

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:31:51 pm »
Yeah, it can't do that (yet anyway). Sorry. Why not put your phone in your pocket if you want to hear it where you'll be?
-Paul.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:36:34 pm »
Most blue tooth speakers will do what you're asking... they play music and the audio alerts from the phone... even my car radio does that as well...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:48:34 pm »
Most blue tooth speakers will do what you're asking... they play music and the audio alerts from the phone... even my car radio does that as well...

Yep, my Jawbone Jambox does this.

iolinux333

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:52:47 am »
Amazon is refusing to allow it. They have some bizarre plan to make money by having everyone use their Echos as walkie talkies with other people that have Echos so they won't release the software update to do what you want. Whatever. Corporations are full of idiocy.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 09:33:53 am »
The whole point of cell phones is that they're portable so you can take it with you where you need it. If you want to be sure you'll hear it ring, just stick it in your pocket.
-Paul.

iolinux333

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 12:11:54 am »

Yep, my Jawbone Jambox does this.

I have a six year old $20 Bluetooth speaker that does it too. Most junk off brand Bluetooth speakers sold at the checkout line at Walgreens do this. Again, corporate idiocy.

BlueTurtle

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 01:29:28 pm »
No, unfortunately Amazon doesn't allow this. I wonder if it works with their Amazon Fire phones, though? Hmmm.