Echo & Alexa Forums

Where is 'Now Playing' & Volume on new App?

SteveinNY

Where is 'Now Playing' & Volume on new App?
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:14 am »
Hi.  I'm new here.  But a long time Echo owner.  Beta tester, actually.

BUT, new app has me baffled.  I like the layout, but can't find things.  Like volume, and now playing on Pandora.

Any help?  Thanks!

AlanH

Re: Where is 'Now Playing' & Volume on new App?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:16 pm »
For Now Playing, tap the tiny icon bottom right of the screen that looks like a mini graphic equaliser. Once into the Now Playing screen, tap the loudspeaker icon for volume. This is on iOS, but I'm assuming it's the same on Android.

k9kids

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 04:04:21 pm »
This is on iOS, but I'm assuming it's the same on Android.

It is.

iolinux333

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:34:06 pm »
For Now Playing, tap the tiny icon bottom right of the screen that looks like a mini graphic equaliser. Once into the Now Playing screen, tap the loudspeaker icon for volume. This is on iOS, but I'm assuming it's the same on Android.

Lol graphic EQ. You're showing your age. No one cares about sound quality any more lol most millennials would have no clue what one would be used for.

Have you looked into maybe having one of you children setting up an Echo Silver for you?

AlanH

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 12:42:58 pm »
 :D  :D
That's funny! I couldn't think of any other way to describe it. And I'm fine with tech - this is an Apple household and I set it up all by myself!

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 02:25:59 pm »
It's a now playing indicator when there is audio playing on a device.

Laurel

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 01:03:53 pm »

Lol graphic EQ. You're showing your age. No one cares about sound quality any more lol most millennials would have no clue what one would be used for.

Have you looked into maybe having one of you children setting up an Echo Silver for you?
I have to agree many millennials are clueless about many things lol. Alan H I understood what you said and it helped me. I was spinning my wheels trying to figure out where to adjust sound.