Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo/Harmony/TiVo

NatsFan

Echo/Harmony/TiVo
« on: April 27, 2017, 01:55:59 pm »
I have had echo and harmony working together for quite a while but recently replaced my cable STB with a TiVo OTA.  I left all the rule and options the same but it isn't working the same.

With the cable STB I was able to have echo turn it all on just by saying "TV On".  It would run the Watch TV action from harmony and turn on the TV, the STB and receiver as well as set the proper inputs.  Since deleting the STB and replacing it with the TiVo I need to say "TiVo On" even with the same Watch TV action on the harmony.  I have deleted rules from the Alexa app and searched for them again, I have deleted the actions on harmony and created them again and did the same with the Alexa app again afterwards, changed the name of TiVo to TV (my TV uses the default "Samsung TV").  Nothing seems to work.

I have 3 questions?
1. Is there way to edit the name of the command (rule name) the echo uses to execute an action?
2. When setting up TiVo OTA do you need to leave it on all the time to record series that are already programmed to record.
3. What settings do you use in harmony with regard to power for TiVo OTA?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Bob

Offline kevb

Re: Echo/Harmony/TiVo
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:54:43 am »
The Tivo stays on all the time.