When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Simple Phillips Hue color question....

itsjustmeee

Simple Phillips Hue color question....
« on: April 17, 2017, 01:06:31 pm »
Does anyone know how to tell alexa to change Hue bulbs back to a standard "soft white" shade after colored lights? If I say "white", than it's more of a ugly florescent light color as opposed to a standard softer more pleasant bulb color. 

Thanks.

Offline kevb

Re: Simple Phillips Hue color question....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »
I think you can say "make the light warmer" or cooler.

itsjustmeee

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »
Ah, cool. I'll give that a try.... thanks!

itsjustmeee

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 05:00:10 pm »
I think you can say "make the light warmer" or cooler.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work.

Offline kevb

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »
It might be tied to the room instead of the light. I'll try a couple of things tonight when I get home. According to the Hue website, it's supposed to work by saying "warm white" or "cool white" as well.

itsjustmeee

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 06:32:00 pm »
It might be tied to the room instead of the light. I'll try a couple of things tonight when I get home. According to the Hue website, it's supposed to work by saying "warm white" or "cool white" as well.

Yeah, I'm trying to change a living room with 3 lights associated with it ... not an individual bulb. It seems the only way that I can go from a color lit room to a standard one is with an app and not alexa. I can tell alexa to make the lights "white" but it's not a particularly pleasing shade.

Offline kevb

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 08:26:08 pm »
I was able to say "set the entryway to cool white" and both Hue lights in that "room" came on to a glaring white. I was able to then say "Make the entryway warmer" and they did change. I was able to make them warmer a couple of times. I also tried "set the entryway to warm white" and it worked as well. I've found though that sometimes it doesn't work, and I have to say "set the entryway to the color red". Weird. Hope you get it figured out.

itsjustmeee

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 09:01:01 pm »
I was able to say "set the entryway to cool white" and both Hue lights in that "room" came on to a glaring white. I was able to then say "Make the entryway warmer" and they did change. I was able to make them warmer a couple of times. I also tried "set the entryway to warm white" and it worked as well. I've found though that sometimes it doesn't work, and I have to say "set the entryway to the color red". Weird. Hope you get it figured out.

That works great. Now I just have to remember it!