Echo & Alexa Forums

iPhone Alexa

Chris

iPhone Alexa
« on: March 31, 2017, 02:33:22 am »
Anyone seen that microphone appear on the Alexa app.
Was supposed to roll out some time ago.

mike27oct

Re: iPhone Alexa
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:18:59 pm »
Microphone to do WHAT?

Jerrym74

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 08:36:45 pm »
I think it's going to be for controlling Petlexa.  :)

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 01:25:18 am »
I read about Petlexa today.  I'm sure the pet lovers are ecstatic.  As for me, I wish Amazon would spend the time making better apps and capabilities for PEOPLE and fix some of the lingering problems with the gadgets; like Alexa blurting out when not addressed.  It is getting to be annoying.

dan8379

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:27:41 pm »
Ummm, I'm pretty sure that was an April Fool's joke.....

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 05:58:38 pm »
Yes, we know it was, and commented on it when I posted the Google joke.  Googles joke was better, but Amazon's was first; just like Alexa came before Google Home.  The way some people are about their pets, it could have been for real!  ;)

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 04:07:30 pm »
I got the email with the Microphone info on it, but the app has not changed at this point... there was no schedule offered to let us know when they will roll it out.

Any updates on it?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 06:54:00 pm »
I got the email with the Microphone info on it, but the app has not changed at this point... there was no schedule offered to let us know when they will roll it out.

Any updates on it?

The email states you can talk to Alexa with the Amazon app, not the Alexa app. The microphone icon is at the top right, next to the search box and camera icon.

Here are the links to the Amazon app if you don't have it.
IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-app-shop-scan-compare-and-read-reviews/id297606951?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping&hl=en

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 07:51:17 am »
Ah... I feel kinda stoopid now... Somewhere in there, too many apps... from the same place. I get the process twisted and forget that Alexa is not the same as Amazon. Thanks for the input... I probably won't need the amazon app enough to mess with it. It would be different (to me) if amazon could include everything in one app, including alexa.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Jamd19

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 10:45:50 am »
So is that microphone in the Amazon app for ordering stuff or looking up stuff without having to type? You can't use it to tell Alexa to add something to my shopping list?  Because I would like to find a way to add something to my Alexa shopping list by speaking into my phone, like when I'm driving.

itsjustmeee

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 12:06:14 pm »
I've been using this app. Seems to work great from the few times I've used it....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swift-for-alexa-voice-services/id1120599705?mt=8

Jamd19

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 10:10:36 am »
I've been using this app. Seems to work great from the few times I've used it....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swift-for-alexa-voice-services/id1120599705?mt=8

Thanks, I'll try that.

fstbusa

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 08:35:07 am »
You can't use it to tell Alexa to add something to my shopping list?  Because I would like to find a way to add something to my Alexa shopping list by speaking into my phone, like when I'm driving.

You absolutely can do this... I just tested it and it worked great... also I used it while away from home to control my home automation system and turn on and off lights... appears to me that it works just the same as if you were talking to the device in your home.