Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot Skills Not Working Correctly When Connected to Bluetooth

MarkSta1

Hello,

I have 3 echo dots and they work fine until I connect them to a bluetooth speaker and use a skill that requires a spoken response from me.

When I'm connected to a bluetooth speaker and open a skill that requires a response, the Dots hear things as if I'm saying something when I'm not. I disconnect from the bluetooth speaker and they work fine.

All 3 of my Dots do this with all 4 of my bluetooth speakers. (Sony, Libratone, Bose, and TPLink)

Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it?

Thanks

mike27oct

Re: Echo Dot Skills Not Working Correctly When Connected to Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:22:08 pm »
It's not an "issue" it just doesn't work that way when connected to BT.  Use a different Dot to give a commandto that is not connected to BT.

MarkSta1

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 02:54:37 pm »
It's not an "issue" it just doesn't work that way when connected to BT.  Use a different Dot to give a commandto that is not connected to BT.

Ok. Thanks for the reply.
I discovered that it's the distance between the Dot and Bluetooth speaker or receiver. If I move the speaker across the room or out of the room, everything works fine. The closer I move the speaker to the Dot, the more the mic hears things that aren't said.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 04:12:04 pm »
Yep, one needs to really know how BT and wireless work as well as their limitations to use these things correctly.