Echo & Alexa Forums

Study of Amazon Echo users for UC Berkeley class project

shulok

Study of Amazon Echo users for UC Berkeley class project
« on: March 23, 2017, 06:57:33 pm »
Hi everyone! I am Elizabeth Shulok, a student at UC Berkeley’s Master of Information and Data Science program and am part of a team that’s exploring how developing healthy habits such as deep breathing exercises can improve health and well-being.

This is for the W241 Experiments and Causality class with Alex Hughes. (My online bio from the university: https://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/people/elizabeth-shulok)

I own an Echo Dot and my interest in Alexa led me to pursue a study related to Amazon Echo users and developing healthy habits. I'm happy to answer any questions about the study you might have (so long as they won't bias the experimental outcome).

If you own an Amazon Alexa device (Tap, Echo or Dot), we’re hoping you could join us for a fun, simple study that can be done from the comfort of your home. You may be asked to use Alexa as part of this study. The time commitment is a few minutes a day for a single week. As a thank you, we’ll be giving one $100 and five $50 Amazon gift cards to randomly selected participants who complete the full study requirements. All data and findings will be aggregated and anonymized; we’d be happy to share the study findings with any interested participants.

Also, having read the notice for this forum on posting surveys, I will happily post our findings here after the study if anyone from this forum signs up. The semester ends at the end of April, so our paper should be done by then!

We need at least 100 participants for this study are only a third of the way to our goal, so appreciate any help.

You can sign up here (just one participant per household, please). Thanks so much!
 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-N-dcm4FpBVs-Z37rGX8NUYRLnZ_8Sq63sj22VUAb1iTjzQ/viewform

Thank you!
Elizabeth Shulok