Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot

Chris

Echo Dot
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:35:40 am »
Would my understanding of this device be as follows:
It will do everything the original echo does except being equipped with a smaller speaker?

Secondly:
My original echo came with a power supply rated 110/240 volt.
The dot works with a usb cable and bridge to plug into a wall outlet.
Is this bridge also rated 110/240 volt.
Thanks in advance for any info

CChamp

Re: Echo Dot
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:31:57 pm »
On your first part, I have not had the original Echo but have 5 Dot's and by what I have researched, yes they are the same except for speaker and size. The second part of your question I am sorry, I can't answer.

Jez

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:58:08 pm »
Both the Echo and the Dot have Bluetooth (New to Echo) but only the Dot has a 3.5mm audio output if you want to connect directly to other equipment. The Echo has a twist ring on the top to adjust volume whereas the Dot has push buttons. The Echo has a much deeper sound and far superior speakers, no matter though if you're connecting to other systems via Bluetooth. The Echo has a real feeling of quality well over and above the Dot .... but is that worth the difference?

Not sure about your voltage and current, I did find that if you have insufficient current going to the Dot you actually get 'Green' rings.

CChamp

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:50:36 pm »
Both the Echo and the Dot have Bluetooth (New to Echo) but only the Dot has a 3.5mm audio output if you want to connect directly to other equipment. The Echo has a twist ring on the top to adjust volume whereas the Dot has push buttons.

This is correct, forgot about those, sorry

Chris

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:53:38 am »
Thanks for your replies. Could one of you guys actually take a peek at the dot usb wall bridge and check if there is a rating on them?

CChamp

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 10:59:06 am »
Here ya go - Taken right off the bridge (Plug)

Input 100-240V - 0.3A 50/60Hz
Output 5.2V 1.8A
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:01:19 am by CChamp »

Chris

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 02:44:43 pm »
Thank you so much CChamp!!!