Echo & Alexa Forums

Using multiple Spotify accounts on Alexa

Jalumbau

Using multiple Spotify accounts on Alexa
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:40:37 pm »
I'm trying to use a second Spotify account on our Echo. I'm in an Amazon household with my wife and thus have two profiles on our Echo. My wife's account is the main profile and is connected to her Spotify account. I'd like to somehow connect my Spotify account to the same Echo, preferably using my profile. Is this possible at all?

duersondw23

Re: Using multiple Spotify accounts on Alexa
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:46:17 am »
This makes it sound as though you can add a different Spotify account to each Amazon profile, you just have to switch profiles to use that person's account, eg "Alexa, switch to John's profile".  Gonna test this tonight and will come back to comment on success/failure.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-and-use-multiple-accounts-on-amazon-echo/

orcslayermack

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:22:58 am »
This is the 2nd google link for "two spotify accounts alexa" and was not updated. I think it is worth updating.

As of today, 2017-12-29, When attempting to open Spotify on a different profile, Alexa responds with: "Currently Spotify is only available for the primary owner of the device"

I have a Spotify family account with two different logins and two amazon accounts. I added Spotify account B to Echo profile B in the Alexa app and Spotify account A to Echo profile A in another Alexa app on a different phone. We tried Spotify on the main profile and it worked. I switched to the B profile and Alexa responded with the above message. It would be really nice for Amazon to start supporting this.

wombat66

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:44:12 pm »
I too would like to see Echo handle multiple Spotify accounts.

IMeMyself

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 08:46:27 pm »
There is a simpler way. Use your device (iPhone, iPad,etc.) to play your Spotify from your Spotify account and then select the echo device you want to play on under “connect to device”. 
Make sure that your device and echo are on the same WiFi network.

We have one amazon account, multiple echo devices, tied to one Spotify account (account 1) and If I want play my Spotify account 2 then I just open up my Spotify account 2 on my iPad and select the echo device to connect to. The echo device acts like a blue tooth speaker and even “obeys” my voice commands like “next” “stop”. Works for me! 
Hope this helps.  Cheers.

traveler582

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 08:47:26 pm »
I don't have Spotify and I don't want to pay for it.