Echo & Alexa Forums

alexa.amazon.com won't load

stulandr

alexa.amazon.com won't load
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:17:21 pm »
Anyone experienced problems with alexa.amazon.com loading? It was working for a while post initial setup this week  but now after It asks for my amazon credentials, once accepted i get a page with the Amazon alexa logo and a spinning wheel. but the portal wonlt load. I've tried logging out from https://www.alexa.com/logout as suggested from other posts, clearing cache and restarting the browser without success. Same issue persists from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. I can't use the iOS app as it's geo blocked in Australia.

Alpha Bitch

Re: alexa.amazon.com won't load
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »
No issues for me on a Mac using FF.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:29:01 pm »
This is an issue of web browser not loading a web page.  Maybe the web page you were trying to load was "off" for a while, or maybe you just typed in wrong URL (a typo). These sorts of things are temporary and happen all the time, and it likely is working now.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:09:31 pm »
˙ɹǝɹoldxƎ ʇǝuɹǝʇuI puɐ xoɟǝɹᴉℲ 'ǝɯoɹɥƆ ɯoɹɟ sʇsᴉsɹǝd ǝnssᴉ ǝɯɐS ˙ssǝɔɔns ʇnoɥʇᴉʍ ɹǝsʍoɹq ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉʇɹɐʇsǝɹ puɐ ǝɥɔɐɔ ƃuᴉɹɐǝlɔ 'sʇsod ɹǝɥʇo ɯoɹɟ pǝʇsǝƃƃns sɐ ʇnoƃol/ɯoɔ˙ɐxǝlɐ˙ʍʍʍ//:sdʇʇɥ ɯoɹɟ ʇno ƃuᴉƃƃol pǝᴉɹʇ ǝʌ,I ˙pɐol ʇluoʍ lɐʇɹod ǝɥʇ ʇnq ˙lǝǝɥʍ ƃuᴉuuᴉds ɐ puɐ oƃol ɐxǝlɐ uozɐɯ∀ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝƃɐd ɐ ʇǝƃ ᴉ pǝʇdǝɔɔɐ ǝɔuo 'slɐᴉʇuǝpǝɹɔ uozɐɯɐ ʎɯ ɹoɟ sʞsɐ ʇI ɹǝʇɟɐ ʍou ʇnq  ʞǝǝʍ sᴉɥʇ dnʇǝs lɐᴉʇᴉuᴉ ʇsod ǝlᴉɥʍ ɐ ɹoɟ ƃuᴉʞɹoʍ sɐʍ ʇI ¿ƃuᴉpɐol [lɹn/]ɯoɔ˙uozɐɯɐ˙ɐxǝlɐ[ɯoɔ˙uozɐɯɐ˙ɐxǝlɐ//:dʇʇɥ=lɹn] ɥʇᴉʍ sɯǝlqoɹd pǝɔuǝᴉɹǝdxǝ ǝuoʎu∀. I can't use the iOS app as it's geo blocked in Australia.

the last line says it all.  if it is not working in any of your browsers then it could be a location issue.  has it ever worked?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:29:08 pm by renegade600 »

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 07:45:31 pm »
˙ɹǝɹoldxƎ ʇǝuɹǝʇuI puɐ xoɟǝɹᴉℲ 'ǝɯoɹɥƆ ɯoɹɟ sʇsᴉsɹǝd ǝnssᴉ ǝɯɐS ˙ssǝɔɔns ʇnoɥʇᴉʍ ɹǝsʍoɹq ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉʇɹɐʇsǝɹ puɐ ǝɥɔɐɔ ƃuᴉɹɐǝlɔ 'sʇsod ɹǝɥʇo ɯoɹɟ pǝʇsǝƃƃns sɐ ʇnoƃol/ɯoɔ˙ɐxǝlɐ˙ʍʍʍ//:sdʇʇɥ ɯoɹɟ ʇno ƃuᴉƃƃol pǝᴉɹʇ ǝʌ,I ˙pɐol ʇluoʍ lɐʇɹod ǝɥʇ ʇnq ˙lǝǝɥʍ ƃuᴉuuᴉds ɐ puɐ oƃol ɐxǝlɐ uozɐɯ∀ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝƃɐd ɐ ʇǝƃ ᴉ pǝʇdǝɔɔɐ ǝɔuo 'slɐᴉʇuǝpǝɹɔ uozɐɯɐ ʎɯ ɹoɟ sʞsɐ ʇI ɹǝʇɟɐ ʍou ʇnq  ʞǝǝʍ sᴉɥʇ dnʇǝs lɐᴉʇᴉuᴉ ʇsod ǝlᴉɥʍ ɐ ɹoɟ ƃuᴉʞɹoʍ sɐʍ ʇI ¿ƃuᴉpɐol [lɹn/]ɯoɔ˙uozɐɯɐ˙ɐxǝlɐ[ɯoɔ˙uozɐɯɐ˙ɐxǝlɐ//:dʇʇɥ=lɹn] ɥʇᴉʍ sɯǝlqoɹd pǝɔuǝᴉɹǝdxǝ ǝuoʎu∀. I can't use the iOS app as it's geo blocked in Australia.

the last line says it all.  if it is not working in any of your browsers then it could be a location issue.  has it ever worked?

LOL!!!
renegade, he said it DID work in the beginning.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 07:56:47 pm »

LOL!!!
renegade, he said it DID work in the beginning.

i just wanted some clarification and more specifics if it worked after it was setup.  the original post was not clear to me.  after all, he just set it up this wee, he lives in a country where the echo is not available. so he cannot use regular links.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 02:18:00 am »
As far as I am concerned, anyone in OZ is on his own!  If he gets any assist, it will be from another Aussie who got it to work. We have enough issues getting it to work in supported countries, let alone in the outback.

stulandr

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 08:40:39 am »
After some investigation this turned out to be some rogue cached javascript that was causing timeouts on the page and not displaying the cards.  After deleting the cache it now works.  And just to clarify, it worked after initial set up and only failed to load the next day. 

Rebecca

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 10:58:59 am »
New to forum, please be patient...
After spending days and hours trying to get the page to load (could not get beyond spinning circle), and having an IT friend try to fix it, I did the following and it worked like magic. While on the alexa.amazon page that was trying to load, I went to "More-tools" and cleared browsing history . Several days before this I cleared browsing history on the chrome page and it did not fix the problem. If this is an obvious fix for most folks, sorry for being redundant. Hopefully, this will help those, like me, with limited tech skills.

Thanks to this forum, I persisted in trying to fix the problem and I am ecstatic with my success!