Echo & Alexa Forums

Light fixture with 2 bulbs...

Blindbat

Light fixture with 2 bulbs...
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:27:21 pm »
Hi folks. Have HUE devices. New to all this. Have fixture (group "kitchen") with 2 bulbs. Can't get discovery of second bulb. Amazon names the bulbs, lamp bulb 1 for "living room" and lamp bulb 2 for "kitchen". Can't get to discover 3 (the second bulb in kitchen
fixture. Pressing the bridge button and hitting discover, no luck. Can we change the names? Haven't figured that out. Have looked at the (2 bulbs...thread). Didn't see my particular dilemma really addressed. Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Thanks

jim1590

Re: Light fixture with 2 bulbs...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 02:27:59 pm »
Don't you have to find it in the Hue App first so you can name it before Alexa will see it in her app?

Re: Light fixture with 2 bulbs...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:29:48 pm »
I have a lamp with three hue bulbs and named them top, middle, bottom.  I then have them in a group called living room.    I had no problems with hue app setting them up and alexa discovering them.  There was no difference between setting up a single lamp or a multiple bulb lamp. 

Try setting the bulb you are having problems with in another light socket and then once it is set up, move it to the permanent location.  it always could be a bad bulb