Echo & Alexa Forums

Mystery Beep - Driving me crazy!

rhalbert

Mystery Beep - Driving me crazy!
« on: January 16, 2017, 01:38:44 pm »
At 9am today, Alexa started beeping.  Three beeps at a time, repeating every 3or 4 minutes.  Don't have a foggy idea why.  Very annoying.  Asked her, "... what gives, stop alarm, cancel timer, cancel snooze, what app are you running" and she was clueless.  Help!

Alpha Bitch

Re: Mystery Beep - Driving me crazy!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 01:51:31 pm »
Call customer service - 1-877-375-9365

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 01:53:04 pm »
Have you tried powering off, waiting a few minutes and then re-booting?

StevenR

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 02:30:29 pm »
At 9am today, Alexa started beeping.  Three beeps at a time, repeating every 3or 4 minutes.  Don't have a foggy idea why.  Very annoying.  Asked her, "... what gives, stop alarm, cancel timer, cancel snooze, what app are you running" and she was clueless.  Help!

Is this an Echo Dot? If so, is it connected to a Bluetooth speaker? That repeated 3 beeps sounds like the low battery warning from a Bluetooth speaker.

davidiz

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 12:16:28 pm »
I unpaired the bluetooth speaker from the echo and it still beeped. It is a problem with the speaker not echo.

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 01:05:34 pm »
Meanwhile my alexa app crashes/freezes. Now I can't connect to wifi coz I have the red ring of death. Always happens when I connect to my laptop BT - old or new.

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 01:07:29 pm »
Meanwhile my alexa app crashes/freezes. Now I can't connect to wifi coz I have the red ring of death. Always happens when I connect to my laptop BT - old or new.

Sounds like it's time to change religions ;)  ;D

asianrocker

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 01:09:16 pm »
Oh I am sooo into Cortana now.  8) Just unplugged my echo. Still red ring of death. App still freezes. Hopefully Amazon is just doing something on their system.

Good thing I have my new AI - Cortana and GA as backup.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:13:00 pm by asianrocker »

reeve11

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 11:18:44 am »
She will beep if she has "messages" for you. Ask Alexa to play messages. This made me crazy for a long time! I believe you can also view them with the app, in settings? I wish Amazon would explain this somewhere? I've also had my bluetooth speaker (Altec-Lansing) beeping at me every couple minutes because the battery is low and initially thought it was Alexa. I love this thing in general, but if they can fix the text box and cursor placement ability in the feedback text box, I'll be happy.

Point

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 12:21:46 pm »
Alexa, play notifications.

Laurel

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 06:50:20 pm »
Our devices i.e. Show Echo, and Tap do not beep with notifications.  Only a flashing light ring.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 11:12:14 am »
My Echo devices DO play a sound when it has a delivery notification for an amazon order... I wouldn't call it a beep. but My MIL is so quick to dismiss/clear the notifications, I don't know if it would ply the sound intermittently if not cleared.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Laurel

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 12:27:37 pm »
We get one sound and the light ring with the delivery announcement.  No other sounds thereafter, but the ring flashes until we dismiss it.

Raghavs

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 08:32:23 pm »
I called customer service and they asked me to do a factory reset (hold down the microphone and - buttons for 20 seconds). That solved the problem.