Echo & Alexa Forums

How to do I tell Echo to jump to a track in an album?

How to do I tell Echo to jump to a track in an album?
« on: January 14, 2017, 04:05:47 pm »
Hi. I own an Amazon Echo Dot. I also have Amazon Prime and I just started a trial for Amazon Music Unlimited. I'm trying to figure out if I can make due with the "Echo Plan" which allows me to stream Amazon Music Unlimited from just the Echo but no other devices. That plan costs $3.99/month.

My biggest problem is that I can't figure out to get the Echo to skip to a specific track when playing an album.

If I say "Echo, skip to track 4," or "Echo, play track 4," it never seems to work. It seems to skip the next track.

Is there a way to do it?

Also, I should say: I play the music through a stereo system. But when I gave those commands to the Echo, I had muted the music to makes sure the Echo was hearing me correctly.

If there isn't a way to get the Echo to skip to a specific track, it seems like a flaw in the Echo Dot and I'm wondering if there is a way to contact Amazon about it.

Also, if there isn't a way to do it, I suppose I will have to sign up for the Individual Plan of Amazon Unlimited which will cost me $7.99, but will allow me to skip tracks because I can listen to the albums and stream them on my phone.

Thanks!

Skylamar

AlanH

Re: How to do I tell Echo to jump to a track in an album?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »
"Echo, next song" is probably the closest you're going to get. Alexa will recognise a track name but not a track number.

Re: How to do I tell Echo to jump to a track in an album?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:00:05 pm »
Alan, thanks. At least it's possible to jump to the next song.

I sent a message to Amazon support and they wrote me back and said the would send a suggestion to the development team for skipping to a specific track.