Echo & Alexa Forums

LED Bulbs

inteus

LED Bulbs
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:36:47 am »
How come I can't find many connected LED bulbs in Daylight (5000K)? Seems most of them are soft white (2700K). All of the current lighting in my home are 5000K. The only bulbs I have that are connected are the Philips Hue bulbs, but they are very expensive individually (~$60 each). What are my options?

Jean D

Re: LED Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:35 am »
I prefer 5000K as well. See, my thought on all this is that you typically have one switch or a switch and a slave driving more than one bulb at a time in key areas, so just replace the switch(s) and buy the bulbs at a cheaper cost in the temperature you want.

markv

Re: LED Bulbs
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »
Over the last two years, I've replaced ALL the lights in my home with LEDs, including candelabra bulbs, 4ft and 8ft fluorescent tubes, and ceiling can lights (R20 and BR30). I also have a mix of color temperatures depending on the location. This currently isn't possible with WiFi connected bulbs since they are only made in a few popular physical styles.

We use smart (Insteon) wall switches for home automation and I personally think that is the way to go versus putting all the "smarts" in the light bulb. Just IMO  ;D