Echo & Alexa Forums

Help with Logitech Harmony Hub DirecTV favorites

mekong

Help with Logitech Harmony Hub DirecTV favorites
« on: December 30, 2016, 07:37:39 pm »
Hi

I just got a Logitech Harmony Hub so I could control my DirecTV with Alexa on my Echo.  It's working great for turning the TV and DirecTV on and off and changing channels, which are the main things I wanted it for.

However, Alexa will only discover "devices" for the channels that were already pre-set as "favorites" in the Harmony app (e.g. CBS, ABC, ESPN) when I downloaded it from the app store.  I added other favorite channels (e.g ESPNU, ESPN2, etc) to the Harmony app, but I can't figure out how to get Alexa to recognize those as "devices" as well so that I can use Alexa to change to my new favorite channels (that weren't already pre set up as favorites in the default harmony settings).

I've asked Alexa to discover devices a few times and she successfully looks but only finds the pre-set "favorite" channels as devices, still won't discover the new ones.

Does that make sense?  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance

-mekong

Eric_L

Re: Help with Logitech Harmony Hub DirecTV favorites
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:02:10 am »
Try disabling the harmony app and then re-enabling it then re-set up the harmony app to your hub, and then re-scan for devices.   It's sorta goofy, but it works. 

dannygee22

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:38:48 am »
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this post, but I'm looking to buy an echo dot, and a harmony hub to control all my smart devices, and my tv etc.

I've seen some conflicting reports though as to how well it works. How well does it work for you?

Any input would be great before I take the plunge?

Thanks

Dan

Eric_L

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 12:08:03 pm »
I M USING a Harmony for the AV and a Wink hub to control my smart devices.  I am pleased with the results.  I have heard of people using other hubs for more complex activity sequences (dimming lights, closing shades, adjusting temp, turning on AV - all in one command) but this is far beyond what my room environment needs.