Echo & Alexa Forums

Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn

RobertinHerts

Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn
« on: December 30, 2016, 08:52:29 am »
I'd set up TuneIn for Radio before realising that Radioplayer is the equivalent of BBC Radio iPlayer, which I use a lot, plus UK Commercial stations. Using TuneIn it kept selecting US stations in error.

I've now set up Radioplayer as a skill but I can't see how to remove TuneIn, which Alexa continues to use as the default.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

StevenR

Re: Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »
There isn't currently any way of doing this.
However, I did discover that you can actually say  "Alexa, play <name of station> in Radioplayer" which I found a bit less of a mouthful than "Alexa, ask Radioplayer to play <name of station>".

RobertinHerts

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:54:49 pm »
Thanks StevenR.

I've been trying "Alexa, play <name of station> in Radioplayer" without success - it just delivers a US station, however I've just used your suggested alternative: Alexa, ask Radioplayer to play <name of station>". and this does work :)

Looks like I need to ask Amazon if they would disable Tunein.

RobertinHerts

Re: Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn - Response from Amazon
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 05:09:11 am »
Very quick reply from Amazon :)

Lots of works, but basically 'Concern noted and they'll forward it to the development team for prioritisation'. However Tunein is a Core product.

RobertinHerts

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »
Contacted Radioplayer: They say they do read reviews and offered some suggestions as to how I might get it to work better.