Echo & Alexa Forums

Voice request not intended for your Echo

manglin1

Voice request not intended for your Echo
« on: December 26, 2016, 06:00:34 pm »
When I say Alexa, the blue light swirls and goes off.  Checked history and hear my voice but it has an error message of "Voice request not intended for your Echo".  Any idea what this means???

Jim-Moore

Re: Voice request not intended for your Echo
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 02:16:17 pm »
I had the same problem. But when I pushed the ACTION button, my Echo would work, but just for that question.
I finally found out what my problem was. I was saying "Alexis" instead of Alexa. Now it works just fine.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 05:31:50 pm »
When I say Alexa, the blue light swirls and goes off.  Checked history and hear my voice but it has an error message of "Voice request not intended for your Echo".  Any idea what this means???

do you have more than one echo?  I get the same error message but I think it is because more than one echo heard the message and it is coming from the echo that does not reply. 

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:47:50 pm »
Sometimes it's a string it's picked up from the TV and 'figured out' that it's not a legitimate command. I've a feeling it's getting smarter at that as mine used to try to field all sorts of things after responding to some approximation of its wake word but now it's more likely to swing that blue light around and subside. There's usually a recording of what it heard but right now I absolutely can't find where those are stored even though I checked one yesterday! Well, it's late here :)

Amyberta

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 02:34:20 pm »
I had the same problem. But when I pushed the ACTION button, my Echo would work, but just for that question.
I finally found out what my problem was. I was saying "Alexis" instead of Alexa. Now it works just fine.
LOL, I did the same thing, I thought it stopped working.

strayfish

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 06:28:41 pm »
There's usually a recording of what it heard but right now I absolutely can't find where those are stored even though I checked one yesterday! Well, it's late here :)

Found it, it's in Settings > history.