Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo wakes but goes back to sleep immediately.

Katopop

Echo wakes but goes back to sleep immediately.
« on: December 18, 2016, 12:02:24 pm »
Hi, looking for some help. My Echo Dot was working perfectly. All of a sudden, when I say Alexa the unit wakes up then almost immediately goes back to sleep. This is a replacement unit from Amazon for a unit having the same problem. Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks for any help.

Re: Echo wakes but goes back to sleep immediately.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:27:46 pm »
maybe it is too far from your router or getting interference in between.   for a test, place it next to your router and see if you have the same problem.   

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 02:51:52 pm »
Agree, and don't put the Echo too close either; a few feet or so a way is fine; even in same room is fine.  The Echo should be connected to the 2.4G band for maximum range.  When you move the Echo back to the previous location the problem could return, clearly indicating a range or interference issue.  If so. you need to select a different location for the Echo.

manglin1

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:21:38 pm »
I have a similar problem so I went to Settings/History and the Echo heard my voice and part of my question but there is an error message posted saying "Voice request not intended for your Echo".  Not sure what this means.  Help....

Msmall1950

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 03:06:45 pm »
I too am having the same problem, and not just on one device. Two out of three do this strange behavior. I will follow this thread closely, in hopes that we all can find a fix or improvement. I'm fairly new to Amazon Echo and Dot, just signed into this forum today. I am learning a lot about our little devices. Thank you all for your input. It is much appreciated.

M. Small

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 04:04:00 pm »
Restart the echo devices as mention in other post to you.

Newbies need to know where device help is at Amazon.   Save this link as a favorite/bookmark.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ss_v3_ds_t4?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200127470

strayfish

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 06:35:46 pm »
All of mine do this from time to time, especially if there are other noises in the room. The 'not intended for your Echo' message usually refers to a TV/radio burst which may accompany your wake word, or may have contained the wake word or something similar in the burst. 'Electric' does it sometimes, and earlier this week 'a letter'.