Echo & Alexa Forums

Anyone else having drop-outs on TuneIn radio?

mat

Anyone else having drop-outs on TuneIn radio?
« on: December 13, 2016, 04:38:35 am »
My Echo and Echo Dot both have problems playing radio on TuneIn.

The sound keeps dropping for a few seconds every minute or so. I can get it to start playing again immediately by asking for the same station, but this is a bit of a pain.

I also have a SONOS system and this doesn't have any problems playing the same stations from TuneIn (exactly the same streams), so I know it's not a problem with my internet connection.

Are there any known solution to this?

harryfulton

Re: Anyone else having drop-outs on TuneIn radio?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 07:56:44 am »
I have not had this problem with tune in. There was one occasions when it 'skipped' but that was probably down to the quality of the internet connection.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:28:58 pm »
As I said many times and in many ways here:  Dropouts are a "feature" of tunein, either via Echo or direct connect. Most especially for certain stations.

msilman

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 10:10:04 am »
Mat,

I have exactly the same - Sonos in one room and Dot in other, both streaming same station. Sonos is bullet proof, Dot often drops out and on some days it gets to the stage where you get 1 second sound then 10 seconds delay before repeating.

Before anyone suggests it is a problem with 2 devices streaming the same feed, both behave exactly the same as above regardless of whether the other is in use or not.

I just put it down to a poor implementation of the streaming solution by Amazon, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 09:12:47 pm »
I listen to a certan station often, either thru Alexa or directly from tunein app on Roku or phone.  This particular statinn has dropout problems and has for over a year. When I get a round tuit, I may actually contact this station and tell them to clear up their tunein problem, but it is just as easy to change stations.

mindmagic

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 01:22:51 pm »
I was only getting problems with BBC stations, but today all stations I tried dropped out - even with Radioplayer. I rebooted my router and all seems OK now.