Echo & Alexa Forums

can't find wait wait don't tell me by voice command

rkleinhenz

can't find wait wait don't tell me by voice command
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:03:26 pm »
Hi,
I got an echo just recently and am mostly happy with it.  But I have run into a problem that's vexing me.  I am trying to play NPR's "Wait wait don't tell me".  I have the podcasts set up in Tunein, as well as my local NPR radio station.  I can play the podcasts from my PC app.  But, if I try a voice command and ask Alexa to play Wait wait don't tell me she tells me she can't find Wait wait don't tell me on tunein right now.  I spent more than 1/2 hour with someone in Echo support.  Tried all the variations of the command (specifying podcast, tunein etc) - did not work.  Then the person helping me got someone from the next level support but she also was not successful.  Put me on hold after a while and would you believe it - the call disconnected...  shocking ;-)

Anyway, I am still stuck.  I know it must work because it this show specifically quoted as an example of how wonderful Alexa is on at least 2 web pages that I found.  I'd appreciate any hints on how top get this working!

Rich

P.S. I have a dot also and not surprisingly it's not working on that either
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:05:25 pm by rkleinhenz »

Re: can't find wait wait don't tell me by voice command
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 04:47:15 am »
sounds like the problem is on tuneins end, not the echos.  maybe contact tuneins support. 

rkleinhenz

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 06:32:16 pm »
Hmm I checked the tunein site.  Maybe if you are a paid premium subscriber there'd be some link for tech support - there was none for me.

Rich

JanatheCPA

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:44:34 pm »
I found this discussion by searching on the same problem.  I often played  WWDTM on my Echo when I first got it last summer. Then I started getting the same message sometime this fall ("I can't get the program Wait Wait Don't Tell Me from TuneIn right now") The program is still there in TuneIn, and there are plenty of other shows that will play. This has been going on at least two months.

Pa19443

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 11:54:35 am »
I have the same problem, but note that I can play the podcast on my Echo in 2 ways:

(1) using the iPad Alexa app (Music & Books --> TuneIn), and
(2) Using Pod Buddy on the Echo.

So, given (1) above,
I would think the problem cannot be TuneIn alone.

I am accessing other podcasts fine.
Perhaps all of those periods in the title cause a search problem???