Echo & Alexa Forums

Deleting your voice recordings from your Echo & Amazon servers

Offline jwlv

As we all know, anything you say after the wake word "Alexa," is recorded, transmitted to Amazon, and stored on their massive servers. These recordings help Amazon learn from your voice.

But if you want to delete all of the stored recordings, you can easily do so by following these steps.

1. Go to  http://www.amazon.com/myx
2. Login with your Amazon account.
3. Click the "Your Devices" tab.
4. Your Echo(es) should be shown on the page. If you have more than one, click on the one that you want to delete the recordings from.
5. Click the "Manage voice recordings" link.
6. Click the "Delete" button to confirm.

ScarlettPhoenix

Re: Deleting your voice recordings from your Echo & Amazon servers
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:14:15 am »
Amazon's scary disclaimer:

When you use your Echo, we keep the voice recordings associated with your account to learn your voice and how you speak to improve the accuracy of the results provided to you and to improve our services. Learn More.
You can choose to delete these associated voice recordings you’ve made on your Echo. This will degrade your experience using the device. Are you sure you want to delete?
While a deletion request is being processed, the Amazon Echo App may still display and allow you to play back the voice recordings that are being deleted.

I guess you proceed at your own risk.  They're making it sound as if when you remove the recordings, your unit wont work correctly.  Meh.

startreksteve

Re: Deleting your voice recordings from your Echo & Amazon servers
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 03:23:39 am »
My Echo doesnt show in my devices (UK)