Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa doesn't find music even though listed on Unlimited

Phayuk

Alexa doesn't find music even though listed on Unlimited
« on: December 03, 2016, 07:15:51 am »
Just got my Echo and very happy with it, but have found a particular problem when looking for music.

This may just be an issue with a particular artist. I have signed up for Music Unlimited. If I ask Alexa to play music by Kirsty MacColl it only comes up with two songs. However, If I look in the Amazon Music App there is her whole catalogue listed

On the Alexa App, If I scroll through the list of artists she isn't even listed, but , as I say, she is in the catalogue on Unlimited.

So a few queries/observations
1) Would be interested to know if anybody else has the same problem with Kirty MaColl songs ?
2) How can I get Alexa to see all her songs ?
3) Why does the Alexa app not have the ability of searching for unlimited music rather than having to scroll through an extremely long list?
4) Why can I not ask the Amazon Music app to tell Echo to play, rather than playing on my iPad ? (I do get a strange message saying "Music is streaming from Echo. Tap Continue to start streaming on this device instead)
5) What's the best way to report a bug to the Echo support team ?

Any answers appreciated !

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:46:06 pm by Phayuk »

Rill

Re: Alexa doesn't find music even though listed on Unlimited
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:42:22 pm »
I have similar problems Alexa doesn't see music correctly like you'd expect.

mike27oct

Re: Alexa doesn't find music even though listed on Unlimited
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 08:58:53 pm »
>>>  What's the best way to report a bug to the Echo support team ?

If I told you the number then you would not learn anything, so here's a hint:  try searching with google for "echo customer service phone number".  Sorry, but I have a long standing policy of not helping people with their homework.