Echo & Alexa Forums

Suggestion for a Smart Wall Switch Dimmer

iain010100

Suggestion for a Smart Wall Switch Dimmer
« on: November 27, 2016, 08:29:53 pm »
I want to replace the regular dimmer switch in my living room with a smart dimmer that I can control though voice. I have a Google Home so I would prefer a WeMo dimmer (one of the few supported ecosystems) but my searching shows unclear results and I can't tell if WeMo even makes make such a dimmer. If not, can someone suggest such a dimmer switch that will work with Echo, one that you personally own and can vouch for? I have Hue lights but they are not bright enough and I already have a living room ceiling fixture with four bright LED bulbs. I do not own an Echo but am considering replacing, or supplementing, my Home.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:41:33 pm by iain010100 »

fstbusa

Re: Suggestion for a Smart Wall Switch Dimmer
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:18:37 am »
why are you asking for you google home here?  This forum is for the Echo....

there are plenty of dimmers available that work with the echo.  Depends on what you are wanting to accomplish and what your future plans are... if you plan on expanding your home automation, I would suggest Smartthings but if you are looking to just have a single device or two, maybe Wemo is the ones you want to go with.

Here you can look up what devices currently work with the echo...

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=13575751011&nocache=1480342633218

DParker

Re: Suggestion for a Smart Wall Switch Dimmer
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:26:58 pm »
why are you asking for you google home here?  This forum is for the Echo....

From the description of the "Smart Devices and Gadgets" forum (where his question and your response are both posted):

"Echo related or not, let's talk about Smartwatches, Wemo, Hue, ZigBee, Nest, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Drones, and cool tech gadgets."

(Emphasis added by me.)